An Act to amend and repeal certain laws.
WHEREAS it is expedient to amend and repeal certain laws for the purposes hereinafter appearing; It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. (1) This Act may be called the Bangladesh Laws (Amendment) Act, 1975. (2) It shall be deemed to have taken effect on the 25th day of January, 1975.
2. In the Cadet College Ordinance, 1964 (E. P. Ordinance II of 1964), in section 4A, in clause (a), for the words and comma “Prime Minister, Government” the word “President” shall be substituted.
3. In the Bangladesh Special (Remuneration and Privileges) Order, 1972 (P. O. No. 49 of 1972),- (a) in the preamble, in the first paragraph, for the words “Ministers of the Cabinet” the words “Members of the Council of Ministers” shall be substituted; and (b) in Article 2, for clause (b) the following shall be substituted, namely:- “(b) “Minister” means a member of the Council of Ministers and includes a Minister of State and a Deputy Minister but does not include the Prime Minister;”.
4. In the Bangladesh (Whips) Order, 1972 (P. O. No. 64 of 1972),- (a) in Article 3, in clause (4), for the words “Prime Minister” the word “President” shall be substituted; and (b) Article 6 shall be omitted.
5. In the Bangladesh (Freedom Fighters) Welfare Trust Order, 1972 (P. O. No. 94 of 1972), in Article 7, in clause (1), in sub-clause (a), the words “nominated by the Prime Minister” shall be omitted.
6. In the Bangladesh Local Government (Union Parishad and Paurashava) Order, 1973 (P. O. No. 22 of 1973), in the preamble,- (a) the first paragraph shall be omitted; and (b) in the second paragraph, the word “AND” shall be omitted.
7. In the Public Servants (Retirement) Act, 1974 (XII of 1974), in section 5, in sub-section (3), for the words “Prime Minister” the word “President” shall be substituted.
8. The Political Parties Act, 1962 (III of 1962), the Representation of the People (Supplementary) Order, 1973 (P. O. No. 8 of 1973), and the Bangladesh Laws (Amendment) Ordinance, 1975 (Ord. No. XIII of 1975), are hereby repealed.